Biologists have found that eliminating gluten from food significantly improves well-being, speeds up metabolism and promotes healthy weight loss. We offer a useful option - a diet that is not itself for a week for delicacy, an active lifestyle and a special complex for children in several variants (each reader will find a suitable one).
Why is gluten dangerous for the body?
Recent studies on grains have shown that gluten and similar proteins are poorly digested by the body and cause intestinal problems in a significant proportion of people. Celiac disease has been discovered and is a rare disease that affects only 1% of the people on the planet.
Otherwise, it is called gluten intolerance, which is expressed by reactions similar to allergic reactions.
However, people without clinical celiac disease experience unpleasant symptoms when consuming heavy grains.
The essence of the harmfulness of gluten is that it is insoluble in water and is not absorbed in large quantities by the body. Therefore, gluten sticks to the villi of the intestines, irritates and inhibits the work of the digestive system.
This causes a number of physiological disorders:
- deterioration of intestinal motility, obstruction of food movement;
- decreased absorption of nutrients;
- feeling of swelling, burning or itching in the intestines;
- deterioration of fat and protein metabolism;
- feeling of heaviness, increase in body temperature, weakness, lethargy, sometimes - nausea.
Some legumes have a similar feeling. People who are not prone to celiac disease can consume gluten only in small amounts and always in combination with fresh vegetables and fermented dairy products, which improves the microflora.
Research on the effects of wheat protein on the nervous system continues. In particular, a gluten-free and casein-free (milk protein) diet is recommended for infants and adults with autism, epilepsy, and other neuro-cerebral complications.
For many, cereals remain one of the main sources of valuable carbohydrates because they are ubiquitous and suitable for any family.
Therefore, if it is not possible to completely eliminate cereals and bread from the diet, you need to control the combination of components in the menu to keep the body strong and strong.
How a gluten-free diet works
People with gluten intolerance should cut out 100% of the foods they contain, but a gluten-free diet has become popular among supporters of a healthy lifestyle - in such cases, grains can not be completely ruled out.
Avoiding grain proteins allows you to observe positive changes in well-being:
- normalization of stool and the natural mode of bowel movements, getting rid of constipation;
- swelling, burning, heartburn, elimination of food congestion;
- cleanse the blood, normalize the skin, strengthen immunity (in the absence of bad habits and the use of other useful products);
- improve sleep, eliminate edema;
- normalization of blood sugar and cholesterol levels;
- get rid of extra pounds, increase endurance.
All these results are due to the elimination of toxins from the intestine - the digestible deposits of undigested proteins and fats. The reasons for their appearance are generally an unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle and overeating.
In a weight loss program, it is recommended to eliminate gluten from the diet and strengthen it with regular light exercises such as walking, aerobics or dancing.
Vitamins are usually taken at a health center as prescribed by a doctor for celiac disease and intolerance to dairy products.
Things you should and shouldn't do
A gluten-free diet is not as scary as it seems, so even lovers of juicy baked goods and healthy eating should not sound the alarm.
How to eliminate gluten
Here are some helpful facts about gluten-free diets:
- Not all grains contain harmful proteins. So found in rice and corn, you can also use millet, buckwheat, quinoa. Gluten and similar proteins are found in wheat, barley, rye, millet, oats.
- Only cereal protein is dangerous - starch can continue to be consumed as before, so bread and other pastries can remain in the diet.
- You should pay attention to the composition of the finished products: cookies, sweets, chips, sauces, food additives and canned foods, which are added to the gluten viscosity and retain a firm texture.
- Today, you can find many diet products labeled "gluten-free" - breads, pastries and cakes.
- A gluten-free diet helps cleanse the body, "speeds up" metabolism and helps to lose weight, but should not be low in calories, so it is suitable for athletes, active people, children who need adequate nutrition for development, and those who want to improve their health without losing taste.
It should be noted that a gluten-free diet is accessible to everyone. Even if you have a modest food budget, you can keep a diet. If you give up gluten-free cereals and breads in favor of potatoes and safer bread, the price of a weekly meal is unlikely to change.
If you buy eco-products (bars, special flour and cereals), it can increase by 10-30%.
Important: If cereal protein is a concern for a vegan, you should consider adding mushrooms, eggs or dairy products to your diet. Otherwise, you will only have to be satisfied with beans and nuts. And such a set is not always enough to provide the body with everything it needs.
How to follow your diet
It is not necessary to follow a menu specially designed for conventionally healthy people. To improve your overall well-being, it is enough to start controlling your diet:
- extract the contents of products,
- Prepare dough with starch, corn and rice flour,
- include bran in food,
- fresh vegetables and fruits.
But first, experts recommend trying a guide written by a nutritionist to help you feel better. After that, you will be able to maintain a similar diet, adding variety to it at will.
Gluten-free diet menu for weight loss
Anyone who wants to lose weight and detoxify the body can use a low-calorie menu that excludes gluten, and people who lead an active lifestyle can enjoy a saturated weekly diet.
To lose extra pounds, you should not only give up gluten in favor of fruit dietary fiber, but also reduce the consumption of carbohydrates - starch and sugars. Therefore, parts of potatoes, grains, bread, sugar and fatty confectionery should be excluded or reduced.
Example of a healthy menu for a week (portions are calculated based on gender, age, activity and core weight):
- Breakfast - milky omelet / tofu with corn porridge, a glass of orange juice, an apple.
- Lunch - fried meat in a casserole (with soy or beans for vegans), broth, unsweetened tea or coffee.
- Afternoon snack - a piece of dried fruit.
- Dinner - kefir, when hungry, you can add honey or b / g flakes.
- Breakfast - fruit starchy pancakes (in an egg with dried apricots or apples), low-fat yogurt, unsweetened herbal tea.
- Lunch - steamed chicken / mushrooms with vegetables (without potatoes), juice.
- Lunch snack is a handful of nuts.
- Dinner - banana, kefir or yogurt.
- Breakfast - hard-boiled eggs / tofu or chia jelly, vegetable salad, rice cakes with cheese, herbal tea.
- Dinner - mashed peas with fish / sesame seeds and vegetables cooked with carrots or peppers, sugar-free drinks.
- Afternoon snack - yogurt or kefir, a piece of dark chocolate.
- Dinner - b / g cookies.
- Breakfast - a piece of fresh fruit and cottage cheese or almonds, herbal tea.
- Lunch - baked beans, for example, beans in tomatoes, strong tea.
- Afternoon snack - gluten-free bread or crackers.
- Dinner - yogurt with fruit.
- Breakfast - corn cakes with avocado paste or sesame oil, fresh fruit, drinks to taste.
- Lunch - creamy milky vegetable soup with chicken / tofu, boiled egg / peanuts.
- Afternoon snack - a handful of nuts or a slice of dark chocolate.
- Dinner - fruit smoothies with kefir.
- Breakfast - smoothies in kefir with cucumber and herbs, bread or b / g crackers, dark chocolate and sugar-free drinks.
- Lunch - seafood and starchy noodles or rice with vegetables, broth (something from Asian cuisine), sesame seeds can be added.
- Afternoon snack - fruit bread or eco bar.
- Dinner - banana.
- Breakfast - omelet or grilled tofu with mushrooms, fresh, dried fruit.
- Lunch - broth, baked eggplant, diet biscuits.
- Afternoon snack - yogurt with honey.
- Dinner - starchy pancakes with banana or cheese.
The broth can be cooked on lean meat, seafood or aromatic vegetables - carrots, onions, celery. It is useful to add to the recipe light spices that stimulate digestion - a mixture of Provencal herbs, cloves, bay leaf, pepper.
Instead of starch, you can use any b / g flour according to your taste.
It is advisable to limit salt intake in the diet, but it should not be completely eliminated.
If you do not have enough energy, you can refresh yourself with dried fruits, b / g bread, boiled eggs. The menu is designed for medium and medium level activities. The daily caloric intake for women and men should be 1500/2000 kcal, respectively.
Such a diet will allow you to lose up to 5 kg in the first 1-2 weeks - minus 3 kg without fitness.
Weekly gluten-free diet for children
If a child has an intolerance, the first step is to exclude all synthetic sauces, preserves and fast foods - this is where gluten is added.
Adolescents and teen diets should be supplemented with home-cooked meals: soup purees, dairy products (or their calcium-rich equivalents), and safe cereals.
Special attention is paid to sweets.
Approximate meal plan for a week
- Breakfast - a piece of cottage cheese, a glass of fresh juice, b / g crackers.
- Lunch - green cream soup with vegetables and potatoes, cheese sandwich over corn tortilla, tea.
- Afternoon snack - fruit bar, fresh fruit;
- Dinner - vegetable stew, yogurt, compote.
- Breakfast - rice porridge with milk, green tea, apples.
- Lunch - a light soup with millet, a piece of omelet / tofu with herbs, mashed potatoes, marmalade or marshmallows on agar for dessert, any drink.
- Afternoon snack - cheesecake or starchy cheesecakes with homemade jam or sour cream, compote.
- Dinner - yogurt and fruit smoothie, b / g crackers.
- Breakfast - boiled egg / feta cheese or tofu, corn porridge, peaches, tea.
- Lunch - broth, chicken fillet / a piece of pea in a delicate creamy sauce, steamed vegetables (you can use soft spices), tea or juice, butter for dessert.
- Afternoon snack - walnuts kozinaki or dried fruit.
- Dinner - yogurt with herbs, eco-marshmallows.
- Breakfast - corn pancakes with cottage cheese, fruit, tea.
- Lunch - cooked vegetables with broth, meat or beans (for example, tomatoes), any safe dessert for dessert.
- Afternoon snack - rice cake with yogurt, butter.
- Dinner is fruit smoothie.
- Breakfast - cream soup with carrots and corn (you can add chicken / peas), fruit bar, compote or tea.
- Lunch - vegetable salad, a piece of cottage cheese, rice balls, fried in oil, compote.
- Afternoon snack - banana, chocolate milk or gluten-free caramel dessert (starchy pudding, ice cream).
- Dinner - omelet or tofu bread.
- Breakfast - rice with vegetables, omelet or red beans, fruit bar, tea.
- Lunch - fish / mushroom soup, potato casserole with green beans and vegetables, jelly, compote.
- Lunch snack - glazed cottage cheese / peanuts, part of the fruit.
- Dinner - a glass of yogurt with honey, b / g biscuits.
- Breakfast - tofu, tea with milk and fruit smoothie, grilled cheese or vegetables.
- Lunch - borsch (with meat, beans or mushrooms), vegetable cutlets (carrots, pumpkin or cabbage - in starch), marmalade or fruit, tea.
- In the afternoon you can make a snack - starchy biscuits or pudding, chocolate, banana, with a glass of milk.
- Dinner - rice, tea with milk and berries.
Depending on the age and needs of the child, you can allow him to add extra milk, vegetables and b / g cereals, trying to balance sweets in the diet and offer enough fiber.
Nutritionists strongly advise against drinking milk from infants under 5-8 years of age, as well as fermented dairy products under 16 years of age - these are necessary for the growth of muscles and skeleton and the formation of proper digestion.
A casein-free diet should be designed by a specialist - individually. BGBK complex nutrition system requires a serious dose of vitamins and minerals.
Weekly gluten-free diet for active people
Everyone who works hard or loves nutritious food needs a rich menu. In such a diet, the proportion of carbohydrates increases, and do not forget about the increase in protein and fat. Athletes can focus on protein products. Here is an example of a dense gluten-free menu for a week.
- Breakfast - smoothies with fruit and honey in yogurt, omelet or grilled cheese (tofu is possible), sweet coffee.
- Dinner - borscht with meat or beans, potatoes with vegetables in a pot, tea with b / g biscuits.
- Afternoon snack - tea with a glass of milk or b / g bar.
- Dinner - julienne with squid or mushrooms (the basket is made of starch), tea, fruit alcohol can be used.
- Breakfast - chia jelly or rice pudding with fruit and nuts, boiled eggs / cheese / tofu, coffee.
- Lunch - creamy soup with chicken or peas, rice with rice, tea, dried fruits with baked fish / mushrooms and vegetables.
- Afternoon snack - b / g cookies.
- Dinner - sour milk smoothie (b / g) with any filling.
- Breakfast - avocado cream with scrambled eggs or rice porridge, rice bread with cheese / tofu, tea or coffee.
- Lunch - soup with funchose noodles (starch) - steak / soy goulash with chicken or mushrooms, potatoes and vegetables, tea, homemade kozinaki (in all finished products - noodles, soy - check the label).
- Afternoon snack - b / g cheesecake and milk tea.
- Dinner - starchy chocolate pudding, milky corn flakes.
- Breakfast - buckwheat with mushrooms or peas, yogurt, coffee.
- Lunch - creamy tomato soup with chicken or tofu, corn egg sandwich with baked eggplant or pepper, cheese or peanut butter, tea.
- Afternoon snack - marmalade, homemade gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, tea or juice.
- Dinner - b / g spaghetti with pesto or cream sauce, maybe wine.
- Breakfast - corn sandwiches with sesame oil and avocado, cheese, red fish - hard-boiled eggs, a handful of different nuts, tea or coffee, depending on taste and capabilities.
- Lunch - kharcho soup, carrot cutlets with meat or mushrooms, a portion of millet porridge, fresh.
- Afternoon snack - nuts and dried fruits, milk tea.
- Dinner - pumpkin porridge over rice or millet.
- Breakfast - rice porridge, omelet / tofu, green beans, fermented milk smoothie with fruit, tea.
- Lunch - chicken or vegetable soup, pea sesame falafel, cakes with butter, cabbage salad, tea, candy.
- Afternoon snack - chocolate starchy biscuits with bananas, plums and dates, milk tea or coffee.
- Dinner - kefir, corn crackers or nachos with garlic and herbs.
- Breakfast - cheese, tomatoes and spicy baked potatoes, corn cakes with peanut butter, bananas, coffee.
- Lunch - hodgepodge or tomato soup with olives and mushrooms, buckwheat with meat or beans and spices, b / g honey gingerbread, tea.
- Afternoon snack - starch pudding or mochi (rice cake).
- Dinner - khachapuri made of b / g flour with cottage cheese and herbs, fresh vegetable salad, white wine or herbal tea.
Dairy products are replaced with soy and rice products, if necessary, to compensate for the acid. Almond and coconut milk can be added to drinks and desserts. Any spice can be used.
Homemade Gluten Free Bread Recipes
Gluten-free fast pancakes
Finally, we will tell you how to make thin homemade cakes or pancakes on starch. On their basis you can make "sheet rolls" - rolls or envelopes with any filling. They are often made with cottage cheese, mushroom potatoes, bean paste, iris, as well as served with jam or sour cream.
- starch - 5 tbsp. l. ;
- milk - 500 ml;
- eggs - 4 pieces;
- salt and sugar to taste;
- vegetable or oil for frying and impregnation in a pan.
Whisk the eggs and gradually introduce the filtered starch, making sure no lumps form. The mass is salted and hot milk is gradually poured, the dough is mixed.
In the final stage you can add sugar and vanilla to taste. Sometimes they add salted pancakes
- tomato paste
- onion and garlic powder,
- chopped fresh herbs (such as dill or basil) or
- dried herbs.
Good to know: you can use b / g flour in half with starch.
To make vegan tortillas, you need:
- water - 1 tbsp;
- rice, almond or soy milk - 1 tbsp;
- starch - to the desired consistency (4-5 tablespoons l. );
- salt, sugar - to taste;
- soda - a quarter teaspoon. (optional, but needed for pancakes);
- vegetable oil - for consumption for greasing frying pans and ready-made pancakes.
The starch is diluted in milk, salt and sugar are added, and the dough is diluted with water until a very liquid consistency is formed. Pancake is strong and does not tear due to starch.
The sheets are cooked in a large, well-oiled pan. The pancake dries and dries quickly, after which it must be skillfully turned. The finished layers are lubricated with oil.
If a complicated stuffing is wrapped, I put the envelopes or rolls in a container and cook for another 20-25 minutes in the oven under creamy or tomato sauce.
It is useful if you thicken such a dough. He will prepare blanks for fluffy pancakes, meatballs or meatballs.
A weekly gluten-free diet is a healthy way to tone your body and eliminate constipation, heartburn and bloating. And this will give you another chance to love your reflection in the mirror and feel easy and confident. You try too!