Everyone loves sweet watermelon, which means that many will like the watermelon diet. Weight loss will be followed by fatigue and constant tiredness. But this does not apply to large sweet berries! On the contrary, the watermelon diet for weight loss is a great example of how to lose weight with pleasure. This weight loss option will allow you to get rid of extra pounds without hunger and anxiety.
Watermelon diet: how to follow it properly?
First of all, you need to choose the right watermelon. The flesh of the fruit should be matte. When squeezing the watermelon, a characteristic crack will appear. And a dull sound will be heard when touched. All this gives reason to say that the watermelon is ripe and juicy. Remember that you should not buy more than 8 kg of fruit. The fact is that these watermelons may contain chemicals.
How to eat this delicious fruit while dieting? A little, but often. Watermelon is a diuretic and should not be consumed immediately before bedtime. But in the morning and in the afternoon you can enjoy the juicy taste.
There are different options for this diet. But in any case, there are general rules to follow:
- it is necessary to drink herbal tea or mineral water every day to prevent dehydration;
- you can eat up to a kilogram of sweet fruit a day;
- you can follow such a diet for no more than ten days to avoid harm to your health;
- By adding different foods to your diet, you should gradually abandon the diet. In this case, the food should be light.
Of course, the watermelon diet has many benefits. Due to its diuretic effect, watermelons remove excess fluid from the body and eliminate swelling. In addition, this fruit contains many valuable substances, so it saturates the body with vitamins and minerals. And while losing weight, you can enjoy the taste of such a sweet fruit.
However, such a system has its disadvantages. First, this fruit puts a strong burden on the kidneys. Second, such a weight loss system can not be used for diabetes and stomach diseases. Third, short options are not balanced. In addition, according to the National Institutes of Health, hyperkalemia can lead to cardiovascular problems. The amount of potassium in 100 g of watermelon is 110 mg. With hyperkalemia, watermelon should be consumed in small amounts.
Diet food menu
How to set up a food menu? It all depends on the choice of diet. There is a watermelon diet for three, five, seven and ten days.
This option is simple, the three-day diet involves the use of cottage cheese, rice, oatmeal, fruit, eggs, millet, kefir, black bread and boiled chicken. The menu is quite diverse.
It should be set up as follows:
- morning: oatmeal and 300 g of watermelon in water; or a salad of dates, watermelons, apples and plums;
- snack: watermelon;
- dinner: boiled chicken and salad of cucumbers and greens; or two sandwiches with cottage cheese and herbs;
- afternoon snack: 200 g of main product; or boiled eggs;
- evening: cottage cheese and pear; or kefir and a slice of black bread.
The feeling of hunger will not suffer during such a meal. So, if you want, you can start with a three-day selection.
But the five-day diet has a less varied menu. You can eat only buckwheat, rice, cheese, cottage cheese. It can be prepared fresh from the main product by adding mint and honey.
The menu will be as follows:
- breakfast: cottage cheese and tea;
- dinner: buckwheat and herbs;
- afternoon snack: cottage cheese or cheese;
- evening: rice.
Need to eat a snack with watermelon. The menu is small, so if you feel hungry, it is better to opt for a seven-day option.
Seven-Day Diet - Eat watermelon in the evening and morning. In addition, rice, lean meat, cottage cheese, fish, cheese, eggs, vegetables, yogurt, buckwheat, oatmeal, kefir are allowed. Of course, the menu can be easily set up.
The options are:
- breakfast: rice, watermelon, green tea; or buckwheat, a slice of bread and tea with honey; or oatmeal and watermelon;
- dinner: boiled meat and watermelon; or oatmeal and vegetable salad; or boiled fish and buckwheat; or baked chicken and salad;
- afternoon snack: cottage cheese; or cheese; or eggs; or yogurt;
- evening: a staple and a few slices of black bread.
You need to eat juicy berries three hours before bedtime. If you are hungry, you can eat a slice of cheese and drink a cup of tea with honey.
The easiest option is ten days. Worth removing all greasy, fried, oily and sweet. Boil, cook or bake meat and fish. Most vegetables are eaten raw. Choose cottage cheese, kefir, low-fat yogurt. Eat 2-3 slices of black bread a day, no more.
And the menu will be as follows:
- morning: buckwheat and two slices of juicy berries;
- snack: staple;
- dinner: chicken and salad; or fish cooked with vegetable soup and vegetables;
- afternoon snack: three slices of watermelon;
- evening: tea with cottage cheese, bread and honey;
- three hours before bedtime: two slices of fetus.
Of course, the menu may be a little different. But it is important to stick to the basic principles.
What recipes can you choose during such a weight loss?
You can choose any recipe, the main thing is that it is healthy and tasty. Here are some easy options.
Cut the carrots into slices, chop a small onion, chop two potatoes at random. Divide cauliflower and broccoli into inflorescences. Put all the vegetables in boiling water and cook for ten minutes. Add salt, pepper, marjoram, chopped tomatoes. Cook for another ten minutes. Serve with low-fat sour cream and chopped herbs.
Chop the celery stalk, cucumber, bell pepper. Cut the red onion into half rings. Combine everything, add chopped parsley, season with natural yogurt.
Salt and pepper 100 g of red fish. Put the herbs in a double pot: basil, dill, arugula, cilantro. Put the fish on top and cook for twenty-five minutes. Serve with a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil.
Sandwiches with cottage cheese
Beat the slices with chopped dill and parsley, add a little salt. Grease the slices of rye bread with the resulting mass, decorate with parsley sprigs.
Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper, sprinkle with nutmeg, marjoram and rosemary, rub with garlic. Wrap in foil and bake in the oven until tender. Serve with a salad of vegetables and greens. Or you can just make a pillow out of greenery.
Watermelon diet to lose weight is an excellent choice for those who love this berry and are not afraid to experiment.