Diet pills - especially diuretics - are perhaps one of the most attractive ways to say goodbye to excess weight. How wonderful it would be to take a pill packed with the active ingredients of a wise man and watch quietly how the scales needle slides down and the sides obtained in the winter thaw! . . Unfortunately, in fact, everything is far from it. to be so delicious.
The principle of action of diuretic diet pills
As the old joke says, we are all a little cucumber because it is 90% water. Laughter is laughter, and this is partly true: not 90, but 65-70 percent of our body is really liquid. And it's not just blood, sweat and saliva found! There is water in every cell of the body, without which it could not normally exist, divide and grow.
However, from time to time there is a violation of metabolic processes and excess water in the human body, and we have swelling, high blood pressure and interruptions in the work of the heart, which receives an increased load during such periods. In this case, diuretics-diuretics were invented. They are:
- remove excess fluid from the tissues, help it to turn into urine;
- Blocks the renal systems responsible for the reabsorption (reabsorption) of urine.
As a result, there is a sharp "outflow" of fluid from the body, which affects the readings of the scales. And sometimes very impressive!
And now about the unpleasant.Taking diuretics in no way affects the body's fat reserves, does not burn, break down or remove them.No matter how impressive a plumb line you make, keep in mind that it's just water, and if you stop taking the pill, it will heal quickly.
However, we will not completely deny the benefits of diuretics in the fight against excess weight.
- They have a cleansing effect by removing rotten products from the body. This has a beneficial effect on both human health and appearance.It is important not to overdo it here, because after cleaning the unnecessary substances, diuretics with the same heat will take what you need and leave you without salts and minerals (especially calcium).
- A diuretic can provide strong psychological support to a person who is losing weight: sometimes it is very useful to see how the extra pounds melt in front of your eyes.
But all this will work only when the drug is prescribed by a doctor - edema, hypertension - or prescribed by a doctor for prophylactic purposes. Support it with a simple diet and jogging in the park, and the problem of excess weight will go away in a few days. However, doctors do not strongly recommend the use of diuretics only to combat excess weight. In this case, the harm of unauthorized use of the drug far outweighs its benefits.
Diuretics should not be taken as diet pills. These are drugs designed primarily to help people with problems with the genitourinary, cardiovascular and endocrine systems. Weight loss is just an original side effect.
Types of diuretics
There are two ways to remove excess fluid from the body: take an artificially synthesized drug or use a "natural" diuretic. The first option is more efficient, the second is safer.
Pharmacy diuretics can be divided into 3 main groups.
First and foremostthey are so-called circulating drugs because of their ability to act on the Gengle loop in the kidneys. They relax the smooth muscles of the arteries, accelerate renal blood flow, increase filtration, reduce the volume of interstitial fluid and remove magnesium, potassium, chlorine and sodium salts from the body. Loop medications act quickly, effectively, and are used in peak situations - for example, during a hypertensive crisis or pulmonary edema. . . has the most extensive list of side effects.
Carefully! These are the strongest action diuretics. Prescribing a diuretic to yourself without consulting a doctor means endangering your health.
The second group- tazidnye drugs - have a less pronounced effect. Their "attention" goes to the kidney tubes, which also remove salts and fluids from the body, but with less force. Tazidnye drugs are prescribed for edema, hypertension, glaucoma.
Tazide diuretics are sometimes taken in combination with loop diuretics.
The third group, diuretics, which have a protective effect of potassium, have the mildest effect on the body and have minimal contraindications. They reduce blood pressure, fight swelling, and at the same time prevent potassium loss.
Despite the gentleness of the action, potassium-sparing drugs will cause you a lot of problems if you decide to take them accidentally.
Spontaneous use of certain drugs is always fraught with undesirable consequences. However, natural diuretics do not pose such a danger. Of course, compared to tablets, they act very gently, but still give the desired effect, stimulating the kidneys to excrete fluid from the body in an intensified mode. What are these products?
Fruits, vegetables and berries
- It is no secret why you do not eat watermelon at night - going to the toilet will not end. And all because of its juicy pulp, it is perfect for its natural diuretic role in our case!True, it is also dangerous, because it contains a lot of glucose, so you should not hesitate to eat fragrant fruits.Everything should be gentle.
- But you can be more courageous with cornel. Its sour water has not only diuretic, but also antibacterial effect, retains potassium in the body, heals the organs of the urinary system.
- Lemon does the same. Squeeze half a fruit in a glass of water for a drink that stimulates fluid secretion, lowers blood pressure and protects the urinary tract from infections.
- We already talked about cucumbers at the beginning of the article. It is - first - full of water, so it excites the kidneys. The second contains sulfur and silicone, which help remove uric acid from the body.
- Juicy celery steamed with cucumber provides fluid to the cells of our body and begins water metabolism. Add it frequently to vitamin shakes or grind it on fresh twigs as a snack.
- You have probably heard about the laxative effect of beet salads. But few people know that it is both a good diuretic and a bunch of antioxidants. Arm yourself with a grater!
- Cabbage retains its diuretic properties when added to soup. But it is better to eat it raw: in this case, you will additionally strengthen the heart and serve the stomach.
- There is no less useful and raw carrots. Diuretic effect - times; benefits for vision - two; restoration of intestinal microflora - three; ability to regulate carbohydrate metabolism - four; nicotinic acid pantry that helps burn fat - five. . . You can list them for a long time, but it is better to include only carrot dishes in your menu and enjoy delicious weight loss.
In addition to these products, melons, squash, pears, strawberries, potatoes, blackberries, corn, lingonberries, lettuce, asparagus, eggplant, pumpkin, spinach, onions and garlic have a slight diuretic effect.
Another advantage of fruits and vegetables over pills is that due to their diuretic effect, when washing out some useful substances in the body, it is more than compensating for losses due to the high content of vitamins and minerals.
Herbs and spices
- From ancient times the green tea has been a source of youth and health, as well as a quality remedy for edema. Make sure that the package with this precious drink will definitely find a place on the shelf of your kitchen cabinet. It is recommended to drink 1-3 cups of green tea a day.
- Ginger removes excess fluid and toxins. Use it as follows: 1 tbsp. l. Grated ginger root pour 1 liter of boiling water, infuse in a thermos for 2-3 hours and drink the resulting infusion with the addition of honey and sometimes milk as usual tea. However, burning carrots irritate the mucous membranes, so use it very, very moderately - not more than 1 tbsp. l. ginger crumbs per day. The duration of the course depends on how you feel, but it is desirable not to exceed 2 weeks. If you have problems with the digestive system, it is better to give up spices altogether.
- Parsley stimulates urination, improves digestion and replenishes the body with antioxidants. It also whitens teeth a bit and refreshes the breath, so don't hesitate to add it to meals while cooking. Or do it: 1-2 tablespoons. l. chopped parsley, pour 500 ml of boiling water, infuse until completely cooled, strain the broth during the day and to - 3/4 cup 20 minutes before eating. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Fennel is known in folk medicine as a strong intestinal and diuretic. Infuse in the same way as parsley or do it: 1 tsp. Dill seeds pour 1 cup boiling water, cool and drink the resulting infusion, 2 tbsp. l. before each meal. The full course is 2 weeks.
- Nettle, like ginger, cleanses the body not only of excess fluid, but also of harmful substances. Gives best results when taken in equal parts with oregano and maple leaves. 3 Art. l. collection, pour 500 ml boiling water, leave for 1 hour and drink 4-5 doses during the day. The course of treatment is from one week to 1-1, 5 months.
Invigorating morning drink, coffee, literally dehydrates the body, removes fluid from it. If you are afraid of pressure, it is normal. . . try oatmeal. Surprisingly, it can also act as a mild diuretic. But salt, sugar and protein-rich foods, by contrast, will do everything possible to not lose a drop of moisture. Limit your intake of these foods.
Dietary supplements act as a kind of compromise between pharmaceuticals and natural remedies. In fact, as the creation of the pharmaceutical industry, they contain extracts of plant components, so they are considered less dangerous than other diuretics. This does not save you from having to read the instructions in detail!
Contraindications and side effects
Diuretics have a number of contraindications that should be considered before going to the pharmacy for shopping:
- jumps in blood pressure;
- decreased vision and hearing;
- dizziness and headache, ringing in the ears;
- weakness, in some cases loss of consciousness;
- malfunction of the vestibular apparatus responsible for the sense of balance;
- disorders of the heart as a result of electrolyte loss;
- skin rash and increased sensitivity to sunlight;
- removal of vitamins and minerals from the body;
- nausea, indigestion, anorexia;
- gout due to increased uric acid levels.
No one should take diuretics without consulting a doctor. But people with diabetes, tuberculosis, gout, kidney and liver disease should be especially careful with them. A separate category is pregnant women. Expectant mothers are allowed to take diuretics strictly under the direction of a doctor.
How to take diuretics at home to lose weight?
- The first and main rule: consult a doctor. Only an expert will be able to anticipate all the pitfalls of your decision and prevent possible complications.And if you are taking any other medications, be sure to tell your doctor - this will determine their compatibility with diuretics.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of clean water a day. Otherwise, you run the risk of becoming dehydrated.
- Consume as little salt and sugar as possible to retain fluid in your body. But do not deprive yourself of natural diuretics: fruits, vegetables and spices.
- Every day - in the morning, at the same time, after going to the toilet, get up on the scales and watch the weight fluctuations.
- If you feel unwell, stop losing weight immediately with diuretics and put your efforts into a sports diet.
"To be honest, several times on the eve of the holiday, when I had to wear tight clothes and drain excess water, I turned to a diuretic for help. But I knew it was a one-time and I did not intend to take these pills continuously. It is better not to, or use it very, very rarely!