Probably everyone now knows about plank training. Some time ago, all fitness instructors started talking about it, and plans and schedules to perform a "bar" for each day appeared on the Internet and social networks. Let's understand how to do it right? How to schedule a lesson and what real results can be achieved.
Most people have a misconception that you can achieve the perfect figure by working with wood for a month. Of course, let's see what you can really achieve with a useful exercise. But we warn you immediately - the article is purely exploratory. This is not a call to action. Only an expert can tell you how to lose weight properly and what methods to use.
Plank to lose weight - the best exercises for the whole body
The bar is an isometric exercise that puts a static, force load on the muscles of the abdomen and body. Its implementation involves the press, the shoulder blades and the area between the lower back, forearms, thighs and hips. Available in a variety of options for complexity of execution, suitable for both beginners and professional athletes.
Plank works well as part of a complex, along with other exercises for problem areas. Before that, you must warm up a bit, and then stretch.
What is Planck?
Plank is an exercise that strengthens the straight and oblique abdominal muscles. There are several different options that differ in the complexity of its implementation and the area in which it operates in the process.
Exercise is very popular in the fitness industry. This is part of a variety of complex, functional exercises. Its types are found in yoga classes, Pilates.
Types of boards
- classic - in straight arms;
- classic - at the elbows;
- by twisting;
- with impulses;
- with extended arms or legs.
There are many execution options. New ideas are constantly emerging to complicate the classic version. But something else is important for weight loss - is it possible to get rid of excess weight in this way, will such an exercise help to remove the stomach and sides?
Does it help to lose weight
Plank is a good strength exercise that works the abdominal muscles. It works effectively and helps to strengthen them. But it is not important to lose weight, it is a lack of calories: you need to spend more than food.
You need to catch a bar all day to burn an impressive amount of calories! Therefore, it is not worth hoping that it will burn the kilograms accumulated over the years.
However, the bar can even be part of a complex of physical exercises combined with proper nutrition, as well as complex group psychotherapy to improve eating habits.
Benefits of Plank
Plank is a good functional workout that does not require special equipment, sportswear or a lot of space. Almost anyone can do it. In addition, it has a number of other advantages:
- minimum time to complete;
- no need to go to the gym, you can do it at home;
- can also be done after meals, there is no need to eat certain foods before and after exercise;
- has a small number of contraindications;
- improves overall well-being and coordination of actions.
Exercise is suitable for strengthening muscles, but it will not be possible to lose weight.
You need to listen to your feelings during training. If you feel discomfort in one place, for example, pain in the joints or muscles, you should stop immediately and wait until the physical condition is completely stabilized. If the pain persists, you should consult a specialist, it may be a pinch or sprain.
In addition, it is forbidden to perform the bar in such cases:
- spinal injuries, displacement of intervertebral discs, hernia;
- high blood pressure;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- postoperative period;
- during a cold or flu, with acute inflammatory diseases.
It is necessary to be a girl during menstruation, especially when training carefully. Tension in the abdominal muscles can cause cramps, pain, or increased bleeding. It is also not recommended to perform the board for pregnant women or women who have recently given birth.
As already mentioned, the board is a type of exercise that helps strengthen the muscles of the body. Proper, regular exercise will help to strengthen the body and make it more prominent. Efficiency and results are mainly determined by the following factors:
- regularity: you should perform the bar at least three times a week;
- number of approaches: it is better to do a complete workout combining different types of straps;
- proper execution, strict adherence to technology;
- Proper nutrition, healthy sleep, daily routine, correction of eating habits - without it, the bar will not work.
If you plan regularly for at least 30 days, you will see the first results. Usually the condition of the skin changes: it is smoother, tones, so there is a general impression of weight loss.
How much wood to put
The optimal time is selected individually. For an unprepared person, 10 seconds will be enough when an athlete can endure up to 10 minutes. What happens to the body over time:
- For the first 20-30 seconds, there is a feeling of increasing tension every second. At the same time, blood circulation in the workplace increases, oxygen is actively supplied. For all this, the body consumes about 5 calories. For starters this will be enough.
- After a minute there is a feeling of warmth, slight tremors. It seems that the muscles are "clogged", they are tight, stone. Usually at this stage people give up because they do not want to endure any discomfort or pain.
- After three minutes, the "second wind" opens. Pain, anxiety decreases a little, the body gets used to the load. It is better to stop at this stage and start again - so the training will be more effective.
- It is not recommended to hold the rod for more than 10 minutes - it is fraught with the destruction of muscle fibers.
Most fitness instructors believe that a few repetitions of 30 seconds is better than 3-4 minutes of defense at a time. This means that the body does not have time to get used to the load. For him, each new approach is a new test that will become increasingly difficult to cope with.
Regularity of lessons
Classes should be regular. At the end of the morning workout, when the body is already warm and ready to load, it is good to spend a few minutes at the bar.
If you are not able to do the number of approaches required by the program immediately, the lesson can be divided into two parts: one with exercises, the other 2-3 hours after dinner, shortly before bedtime. If training is also given in the evening, it is better if it includes a bar.
If there is no progress in normal lessons, you should pay attention to the following points.
- load intensity: if the body is accustomed to regular exercise, it is possible not only to increase the time, but also to try a more difficult version and thus manage the process;
- wrong technique. In the next paragraph of the article we will consider the correct sequence of beginners, the typical mistakes.
The key is to understand the quality of the training, not the quantity.
How to do it right
The execution technique is as follows:
- legs shoulder-width apart;
- the elbows are strictly below the shoulder joints;
- the gaze is directed towards the fingers, the neck is straight;
- stomach is pulled, there is no bending in the lower back;
- legs, abdominal muscles and arms are tense.
The name of the exercise describes the technique: the body should be extended in a straight line - on the bar. There should be no wrinkles anywhere.
The execution technique seems simple at first glance. However, mistakes are made, especially for beginners. The most common are:
- The pelvis is above the head. In this case, the load is redistributed and passes to the muscles of the arms and forearms. At the same time there is discomfort in the shoulder joints.
- Bending the neck, raising the head. You need to look down at your fingers while performing the bar. When you look forward, there is a bending of the neck, the load on the neck vertebrae increases. This is especially dangerous for people suffering from osteochondrosis.
- The elbows are very wide. It is not easy to maintain balance in such a situation. The load on the back muscles, shoulder joints and elbows increases. All this can lead to injuries.
- Bending back down. It is necessary to monitor the condition of the body while exercising. It should be straight, like a board, like a rope. Otherwise, there may be pain in the lower back.
If Plank is wrong, you can't hurt yourself. Therefore, you should not chase after an increase in time, it is better to hold for ten seconds, but it is correct.
For beginners, only 4-5 minutes a day is enough for a workout. This time is enough to get used to the load and prepare for other, more difficult exercises.
Beginners can use the following program:
|An approach||Presentation time|
|The second||30-45 seconds|
If there is still power after a circle, you can repeat it about 2-3 times. This exercise can be done in the morning and evening.
The main thing is to develop a habit, do exercises regularly.
The program for men is a bit more difficult for beginners and women. It involves the use of several types of boards in one complex with the maximum study of the muscles of the body. The stronger sex is able to maintain the desired position for a longer period of time due to the natural features of the body, strong arms and back.
The program for men may include the following types of belts:
- with alternate lifting of arms and legs;
- by weights.
A separate version of the bar for each approach. The duration of one approach is between 45 and 60 seconds. Men can do about 3-5 circles in one workout.
Thus, biologically, excess weight in women accumulates mainly in the abdomen and hips. Why there are so many complexes of the fair sex, there is a lack of self-confidence and beauty. Wanting to rectify the situation, they continue strict diets and torture the body with strenuous exercise.
But in fact you can lose weight without strict dietary restrictions. It is worth changing habits, the excess weight will pass by itself. But old, harmful professions must be replaced by new, healthy ones. As an option - regular workouts, including bar.
The program for women may look like this:
- approaching one - a classic board with straight arms or elbows;
- second approach - lateral (from the left);
- third approach - lateral (from the right);
- The fourth approach - again classic on straight arms or elbows.
For best effect, you need to make about three such circles. The duration of each approach is 30-40 seconds.
Plank body shape
The main benefit of regular woodworking is to strengthen your core. The body visually changes, strengthens and tones.
In addition, when done correctly, it can bring the following benefits:
- strengthening the back muscles, which is especially important for people who lead a sedentary lifestyle (office workers, schoolchildren, students, retirees);
- reduction of pain in the neck and spine - plank exercises are often included in the complex of physiotherapy exercises prescribed by a doctor;
- increased endurance, because it is not easy to stand on the board for a long time, the muscles become tense, tremors appear, and you have to overcome yourself to defend yourself for the necessary time;
- improving blood circulation, active supply of oxygen to cells;
- Improving mood - during any physical exercise, the production of hormones, including dopamine and serotonin, is activated.
Let's take a closer look at a few basic wood options.
Ideal for beginners - classic. It is recommended to master it first, which allows you to remember the technique, as well as to understand which muscles are involved in the work and how the body reacts to it.
Beginners can do simplified options:
- spread your legs a little wider, but then make sure that the load does not pass to the shoulders and forearms;
- perform on straight arms, not on elbows;
- do fewer approaches over time, but increase their number.
Advanced athletes can try more challenging options:
- perform while standing on your elbows;
- keep your feet together with your heels;
- increase the duration of an approach;
- use foot weights;
- Perform push-ups between.
It is important to choose a complex that suits your feelings. Then it will not be perceived as torture, it will be easier to do it every time.
It is performed while standing on a side wooden arm. At the same time, the abdominal and lumbar side muscles are mainly involved. Hold each side for at least 15 seconds.
You need to ensure that the body is extended in a straight line during the exercise. There should be no sagging in the pelvis, severe discomfort in the shoulder joints. For beginners, it is better to develop it on straight arms and elbows.
Using weights for the legs and dumbbells for the arms can make the choice more difficult. It will be very difficult to lie statically in this position.
Boards with extension of limbs
After mastering the classic version, you can move on to complications. To do this, use the stick by removing the hand. People call him "Superman". The usual training position is taken, after which one arm is raised directly in front of you or slightly to the side. The pose is fixed for at least 30 seconds.
You can make training even more difficult by tearing off your left arm and right leg at the same time. Then vice versa. Exercise works well on the back, arm and abdominal muscles.
The main thing is to follow the technique, as in other options, remember that the whole body should lie in one line.
Bar program around 30 days
There are many different programs available on the Internet. The most popular of them is "30 days in the bar". Its main condition is to challenge yourself and train every day, no matter what. Such a plan is designed for 30 days and looks like this:
|Day||Time in seconds||Day||Time in seconds|
This program will help the body to adapt and get used to a new type of load.
Plank, table for weight loss for beginners
For starters, a monthly program might look like this:
|Day||Time in seconds||Day||Time in seconds|
The proposed program can be changed for yourself by adding 5-10 seconds daily.
You can find many reviews and photos from the series "before and after classes" on the Internet. You should not believe them, because a good result is based on a lot of work, not just bar.